Friday, April 17, 2009

Savvy Is A Domestic Goddess Today!

I rocked it today! We had the day off of work today for our "tax holiday" now that tax season is over. Though I don't really do many tax returns, I'll take the day off - thank you very much!

So, my poor house has been terribly neglected as of late due to an overwhelming workload, sickness, and taking care of DD who is now 8 months old and all over the place. She can pull her self up on the furniture, door frames, drawers - you name it - and walk all over the place. I'm continually finding things that need to be baby proofed that I just never thought of.

Anyway, I made the most of my day and did some housework. Yes, I took DD to daycare this morning so I could knock some of these chores out. But, on the way home I stopped at a plant nursery and picked up a new bromeliad to replace the one that died on my front porch. It was nice to walk around the nursery this morning all by myself enjoying the scenery, peace and quiet, and my Hazelnut Dunkin Donuts coffee! :)

I have so much more left to do but I think that I was pretty productive today:
  • Cleaned DD's room and did all of her laundry
  • Cleaned guest room, finally changed bedding (yeah, company left 3 weeks ago!)
  • Cleaned main guest bathroom
  • Dusted and polished breakfast room furniture and high chair
  • Cleaned kitchen
  • Mopped floors and a little vacuuming, got some more to do
  • Soaked up mess in kitchen when my dishwasher started leaking everywhere! (of course the 1 year warranty just ended. Hopefully DH can fix it this weekend!)
  • Boiled DD's bottles and sippy cups
  • Countless loads of laundry
  • Facebook
  • Caught on up Google Reader
  • Watched the Bravo A-list awards (b/c these last three are important too you know!)

Whew! I'm exhausted! I've been waiting for the pest control guy all afternoon. He was supposed to be here some time between 12-4pm but no sign of him yet. I really want to jump in the shower but you know he'll show up as soon as I get in there. Plus, I need to go pick up DD in about 30 minutes. I'll think that I'll stop at Starbucks on the way. I could get used to this stay at home Mom stuff! Oh but I guess I left out the taking care of child part. Hmmm...that could prove to be more difficult!

Have a great weekend lovey doveys! I plan on getting up in the morning for a quick trip to the Farmer's Market for some produce and then a haircut. Hope to BBQ tomorrow as well. I'm craving my famous potato salad!

1 comment: