Sunday, January 24, 2010
Wish you all the best! Thank you for being great bloggy friends and for letting me be a part of your lives. It really means a lot to me!
Friday, January 15, 2010
If you're just joining us, read more about Flylady Fridays here.
This week we're sharing our Evening Routines!
But, first I wanted to show you the difference 15 minutes really can make in your home! Last week I had a really hard day with the babes and NOTHING got done around here. Then DH requested some cookies and I decided that would be a great way to end a very hectic day. My kitchen was already a wreck so why not?! After I got done with my chocolate chip pecan cookies my kitchen looked like this:
That's just one side, trust me the other side was a wreck too! So, I thought - Hey! This is the perfect opportunity to see what I can do in 15 minutes. So, I set my timer for 15 minutes (I really did!) and ended up with this:
In 15 minutes, I managed to load the dishwasher, wipe down the counters and stove top, and get started on washing baby bottles! Not bad for a quick clean up right? So, the next time that your kitchen seems like an overwhelming mess - don't stress. Set your timer and get it done!
Ok, here's my Evening Routine (starts about 4:30/5:00pm if I'm cooking):
- Get dinner started (cooking takes a long time when you're trying to take care of two little ones at the same time!)
- Feed the babes.
- Do quick clean up of the kitchen and living area before Hubby comes home.
- 5:30-6pm: Hubby is home! Yes, sweet relief! Pass off one of the kids and try to finish cooking dinner.
- ~6:30pm Eat dinner.
- Bath and bedtime for the babes (big girl by 8pm, baby girl - we're still working on a regular schedule).
- Clean up kitchen and make that sink shine for the next morning!
- Whew! Breathe and relax with Hubby, and get ready for bed.
- 11pm - Another baby bottle
- Bed for one exhausted Momma!
Don't forget to link up below and share what's going on in your home! Have a happy Friday everyone!Next Week: Share your Hot Spots! Is there a place in your house where keys, mail, and "stuff" gets dumped throughout the day? How do you keep it organized and deal with all of that "stuff"?
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
It all started off innocently enough. Baby girl even let me get a little more sleep than usual last night so I was feeling pretty good when I got out of bed this morning. But, for some reason when my Husband left for work it was all downhill from there. Here's a list of things that besmirched my day, in no particular order:
- The baby has been gassy and fumigating the house with man farts.
- Because of said man farts baby has been really fussy, wouldn't nap, and is only happy when being held.
- The toddler has been whiny and demanding my constant and full attention.
- Because of the lack of my full attention, toddler retaliated by scattering her toys and Baby Einstein learning cards all over the semi-clean house...oh and by screaming at the top of her lungs all day long...oh and by refusing to take a nap either.
- I don't have the ok to work out yet and the P90X commercials are taunting me.
- I made the mistake of looking in the mirror and noticed that the amount of gray hairs popping out of my head is beyond scary and my eyebrows could give Frida Kahlo a run for her money.
- I currently have one pair of jeans that fit. Let's not talk about the muffin top spewing out of them.
- My Victoria's Secret special order for Valentine's Day arrived. It's not pretty y'all! After two kids, I officially have pancake boobs and I need a tummy tuck.
- I dropped tuna salad in baby girl's hair while trying to help the toddler eat her own tuna salad sandwich. Then toddler decided to put it in her hair too. Nice.
At this point, my sleep-deprived self couldn't take it anymore and I decided some retail therapy at Target was in order. Target was just the cure I needed. I bought new makeup and nail polish. Now I'm feeling a little more pretty! ;)
Thursday, January 7, 2010
- Shower and get dressed
- Make my bed
- Get a load of laundry started
- Empty dishwasher
- Clean up kitchen from breakfast
- Figure out what's for dinner and take something out of the freezer if needed.
- Get kids dressed
- Put laundry in the dryer
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
So, go check out the Flylady and please join my linky party this coming Friday! If you want to join the party, take 15 minutes this week and draft your Morning Routine, then meet me back here on Friday to link up your post!