Friday, April 10, 2009

Are you being tested or cleansed and purged for the Maker's hand?

"...Cleansed and Purged for God's great Purpose. Until at last, at the end of human strength, beaten into the dust from which he came, the metal is ready for the Maker's hand." Excerpt from The Ten Commandments movie - Moses walking across the desert.

I was watching the Glenn Beck program last night with my Husband as we normally do and I was surprised to hear Glenn give a wonderful Easter message. I've posted a clip for you to enjoy as well. You know, life gets hard. We're bombarded by the stresses of everyday life - kids, spouses, work, money, will my job be there tomorrow, family issues, hurting loved ones. I'm guilty of saying "oh, God's testing me". But, what if I've been looking at it all wrong? What if He is trying to cleanse and purge me, make me ready to be pliable in His mighty hands for His great Purpose? Have I been resisting?

I have felt changes laid upon my heart lately. I'm not completely sure about what all of those changes will be but I do know that it won't be easy. So, on this Easter weekend, I'm thinking about how God may be preparing me for His mighty Purpose in my life.

God is faithful and He knows what we need, what we need to experience to be the person He created us to be. If you're going through a hard time right now, know that God may be molding the clay. But, it's still your decision. You can resist Him and choose to let all of the struggles in your life take over. Do not drown in your despair but look toward the Heavens for a renewed spirit.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. The Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another powerful message. . .you are really on a role missy. Great job.

    ReplyDelete