Thursday, January 15, 2009

My life wasn't supposed to turn out like this...

I married my darling Husband (DH) right out of college. He's 6'4", handsome, loving, and incredibly wealthy. He worships the ground I walk on. I'm 5'9" and a perfect size 6. I always have cute hair depsite the Florida humidity and a perfect tan. Most days you'll catch me wearing an adorable Lilly sundress with my Jack Rogers or a pair of Seven jeans and a brightly colored Ralph Lauren slim-fit polo with my Rainbows if I'm feeling a bit more casual. I wear my large pearl earrings (an anniversary gift from my DH) almost everyday and I never leave the house without one of my designer bags and Chanel sunglasses.

My darling daughter (DD) is truly God's most wonderful blessing. My little baby's smile lights up my life! She is also perfect. DD never gets dirty, never cries, always sleeps through the night, and never spits up everything she ate for breakfast all over my leather sofa and herself minutes before I have to run out the door to get her to daycare and then myself to the office. That's because I don't work since we're so incredibly wealthy. I'm a lady of leisure but I keep myself busy with being a Mom, supervising the staff running the household, book club, shopping, and hosting Bunco (aka Drunco) once a month for all of my girlfriends.

Oh, I also have two little terriers - a boy and a girl. They too are perfect, naturally. They never bark incesstanly for no reason or have accidents in the house and they love it when I dress them up. They can even feed themselves!

Huh? What's that noise? Oh, a reality check you say?

Ok, so I slipped away to one my daydreams there for a while but I'm back. My life is pretty much like that anyway. I am married to my fabulous DH and I do have a precious baby girl. I am 5'9" but I don't think that I've ever been a size six. Actually, I'm just happy that I haven't crossed over to the plus sizes at this point. After having a baby, I'm dangerously close - yikes! I'm also not even close to being that put together. Hey, if I've had a shower, my clothes match, and I don't have baby spit up on me, then I'm happy.

By now, you've probably figured out that I'm not wealthy. Rather, I work somewhere around 50 hours a week (way too much!). I can't say what I do because I don't want any of my clients to find my blog! Finally, yes my little terriers terrors bark just for the heck of it. And YES, DD had projectile baby spew all over my leather couch, herself, and me right before we needed to run out the door this morning. I just sighed and dealt with it, of course. Don't get me wrong. I'm sooooo grateful for all of the blessings God has bestowed upon me during my short time on this earth. But, sometimes I just have one of those days when I think - My life wasn't supposed to turn out like this!

So, I've decided to stop stalking my favorite blogs and join you! Stay tuned as I chronicle my attempt at keeping it all together... :)

Love,
Southern Savvy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following my blog!!! Welcome to blog land! I'm looking forward to reading more! And I'm jealous you live in the sunny state of Florida and have a beach right in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your opening post! I found your blog today and am going to follow you. I have finally started blogging again. I feel guilty just reading and commenting! Thanks for opening up and sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete