Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fabulous Shopping Adventure!

DH and I didn't spend any money on Christmas because we were in the process of buying a new house. We were saving every spare penny for closing and moving costs since we still had to carry our current house until we get it rented out as well. Long story short, we were supposed to close on the new place on Tuesday but we backed out of the contract this past week because the inspection report came back with an elevated level of mold in the air duct system. Yuck - o! Mold is definitely a problem in Florida but I didn't expect this to happen because the new place is only 2 years old and the power was on when we were looking at it. The inspector said that the bank (it's a foreclosure) probably had the power cut off during the wet season and so no a/c = humidity in the house = mold! We could have negotiated with the bank to get them to pay to have it taken care of but with a little baby I just didn't feel right about it. Even if it was taken care of and tested ok I'd always have the mold in the back of my mind and whether or not if was affecting my baby or my pets. So, we're back to square one and hopefully we'll find something else soon so DH doesn't have to commute 3 hours a day!

The point of this story was to tell you that today we made up for not being able to spend any money on Christmas. Luckily, we have a fabulous outlet mall near us and we totally racked up on some awesome deals. DH got all of his goodies at Nautica and I got a couple of work clothing items at Banana Republic. But, I'm most excited about the awesome deals I found at Vineyard Vines! I was so excited to see that they opened an outlet store here!!! Check out the deals I got:


S/S Simple Tee in "Ruby Red" (a coral color) and "Jalapeno" (medium mint green color) Reg. $38, Sale = $12.99/each!


S/S Breeze Polo in "Sand Dollar" Reg. $72.00, Sale = $29.99!


S/S Breeze Polo in "Sea Mist" Reg. $72.00, Sale = $29.99!
(If you get one in pink, you have to get the green one too!)

I also got a pair of "Lazy Pants" lounge pants but I couldn't find a picture. Reg. $55, Sale = $24.99!

Merry (late) Christmas to me! :)

Have a fabulous weekend everyone! I have to go into the office tomorrow to write a stupid report so I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day with my family. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment