Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm Back Online - Sort of...

Hey Y'all! Well, we survived the move and we're now living in our new house in Naples. We already have an offer on our old house but I'm not getting excited until closing. You never know what will happen in this crazy Florida real estate market.

The movers were great and got everything loaded on the truck, moved, and unloaded in 6 hours! I think that's pretty good considering that we moved out of a 4 bedroom house. I'm currently working on de-cluttering because we only have 3 bedrooms now even though the new house is basically the same size. I'm short a closet too. But, this move has just made me realize how much crap we have that we just stuffed into the extra bedroom or closets. So, I'm going back to Flylady principles and if I haven't used it in a year, it's not a sentimental object, or especially if I didn't even remember we had it - it's out the door!

So, there's still lots of unpacking to do but I'm mostly done with the kitchen. My goal is to finish a room per day so that we can get back to some form of normalcy by next week. Oh, and we have our first house guest coming next Thursday! So, I've got to get busy!

I hope that y'all are doing well and enjoying the rest of your summer. Only about 1.5 months left before the summer heat and humidity leave and we're left with gorgeous 75 degree non-humid sunny days. I can't wait! I'm tired of staying indoors because I just can't handle this heat being pregnant. I'm almost 6 months pregnant now so I tend to swell up if I get too hot.

Ok, baby girl is sleeping and I'm going to sneak in a well deserved ice cream break. Then back to more unpacking. I can't wait for things to settle down so that I can get back to reading all of your blogs. Until then...take care!

5 comments:

  1. I love the flylady!!! I hope everything works out with the house! Got my fingers crossed for ya! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congratulations! I want to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean about collecting so much stuff. We are getting ready to downsize some, and I'm dreading going through the closets. Don't you just love the flylady? She has really taught me so much...like tackling a little at a time. Setting goals of cleaning out one or two drawers an evening has been good for my crazy schedule. Congratulations on finding out you are having a girl!!! I know you must be so excited. And enjoy your new home - you will have to post pictures when you get all moved in.

    ReplyDelete