Short Southern Momma said...I'll go with a generic one....why did you start blogging? What is a typical day like at your house?
I first started reading blogs when I was pregnant with baby girl #1 back in 2008. Somehow I stumbled upon a blog that caught my interest and then from there I just kept clicking on links to other bloggers. Before I knew it, I had a whole list of blogs that I was
I was going through a hard time at that point - my parents were divorcing after 33 years of marriage, I was pregnant with preeclampsia, I was overworked, overstressed, and just an all over hot mess. On top of that, I was feeling as though we didn't really fit down here in FL. Where we live we're surrounded by transplanted Yankees. Hearing another Southern accent is a rarity. So, I started the blog with the intention of writing about the Southern culture and communicating with other Southern Mamas as a way for me to still feel connected to "home" if that makes any sense...thus the name "Southern Savvy". But, the blog has turned out to just be a bunch of randomness of whatever I'm thinking at the time. Regardless, it's been so much fun and such a blessing to connect with other women out there!
As for my typical day, I'll answer that below.
Courtney said...What kind of coffee do you drink and do you add sugar/cream? How many cups/day? What's your favorite place to get coffee out? What do you get if you go to Starbucks?
Before children, I was an occasional coffee drinker. Now, I get upset if I miss my two daily coffee breaks. As a matter of fact, I'm having one right now while the girls' are having their morning nap. So, I usually have two cups of coffee a day - one with breakfast which I usually don't get a chance to finish until about 10:30 or so. That cup gets heated up in the microwave a couple of times! You know how it is with little kids. The second cup is around 3pm. I can feel the needle go down to empty around 3pm and I know it's coffee time!
We have a Keurig and use that 95% of the time and also an espresso machine that we use the other 5% of the time. Right now, I'm drinking the Caribou Coffee Caribou blend pods. It's a medium brew which is my preference. That's the great thing about the Keurig...I can have what I want quickly and then DH can make his strong bold blend coffees. I ALWAYS use creamer because I'm not as hard core as DH who drinks it black - Yuck! I get a different creamer every week so that I can try different flavors. Some of my favorites are pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha. I'm currently trying the International Delight Coffeehouse Inspirations. They're really good too. Note*: I refuse to buy that fat-free crap again. I don't know what that stuff is, but it's not cream! I work hard raising these youngins and I deserve a little guilt free fat in my life. :)
If we go out for coffee, it's usually Starbucks because there's a Starbucks nearby most of the places I go around here. A Starbucks with a drive-though is even better! I really don't think that their coffee is that stellar but it's convenient. I usually order a grande latte - whatever I'm feeling that day. If I'm not in the mood for anything particular, a skinny hazelnut latte is my "go-to" order.
Solar Powered said...What's your schedule and how has it changed since baby #2? Any advice for someone that may want a baby #2? That someone is waiting a while but any advice you have would be great!
This is a loaded question SP! The answer to your questions is going to be long. So, I'm saving that for my next post. I think that I'm going to include some pictures so that you can have a better idea of what my day looks like. I'm so glad that you asked this question because it also gives me the chance to show my Husband that although I make it look easy, being a SAHM and Housewife is not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of patience, love, and humor to make it through the day. A glass of wine after the kids are in bed also helps on occasion! Yesterday was one of those days.
Oh, and DH...I love you but NO, I do not sit around watching 19 Kids and Counting re-runs all day. Stay tuned!