Friday, January 8, 2010

One Of Those Days...

Yep. It was one of those days...you know, the kind of day where everything goes wrong and you just can't take one more thing? That was my day.

It all started off innocently enough. Baby girl even let me get a little more sleep than usual last night so I was feeling pretty good when I got out of bed this morning. But, for some reason when my Husband left for work it was all downhill from there. Here's a list of things that besmirched my day, in no particular order:

  1. The baby has been gassy and fumigating the house with man farts.
  2. Because of said man farts baby has been really fussy, wouldn't nap, and is only happy when being held.
  3. The toddler has been whiny and demanding my constant and full attention.
  4. Because of the lack of my full attention, toddler retaliated by scattering her toys and Baby Einstein learning cards all over the semi-clean house...oh and by screaming at the top of her lungs all day long...oh and by refusing to take a nap either.
  5. I don't have the ok to work out yet and the P90X commercials are taunting me.
  6. I made the mistake of looking in the mirror and noticed that the amount of gray hairs popping out of my head is beyond scary and my eyebrows could give Frida Kahlo a run for her money.
  7. I currently have one pair of jeans that fit. Let's not talk about the muffin top spewing out of them.
  8. My Victoria's Secret special order for Valentine's Day arrived. It's not pretty y'all! After two kids, I officially have pancake boobs and I need a tummy tuck.
  9. I dropped tuna salad in baby girl's hair while trying to help the toddler eat her own tuna salad sandwich. Then toddler decided to put it in her hair too. Nice.

At this point, my sleep-deprived self couldn't take it anymore and I decided some retail therapy at Target was in order. Target was just the cure I needed. I bought new makeup and nail polish. Now I'm feeling a little more pretty! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my... I had those days with just one baby girl. Two scares me. Very scary. Hope you have a good weekend with lots of help from your husband :) On my way to Target...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Everyday I wake up with a list of stuff to do that day and i am so very lucky if i get to mark off even one of those things. By baby determines my schedule not me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is about Target but I always leave better than I was before, and I always start my trip by stopping by the fountain machine for my diet coke. Glad you are feeling better!
    And the jean thing, don't get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your day didn't got well. As the mom of three boys I have had MANY such days. Glad you were able to treat yourself at Target. Hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart! Yay for Target...it's the little things that perk us up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl- I can totally relate. I can't even begin to tell you how many target trips have saved the day :) RETAIL THERAPY rules the day around here !!!

    ReplyDelete