If you're just joining us, read more about Flylady Fridays here.
This week we're sharing our Evening Routines!
But, first I wanted to show you the difference 15 minutes really can make in your home! Last week I had a really hard day with the babes and NOTHING got done around here. Then DH requested some cookies and I decided that would be a great way to end a very hectic day. My kitchen was already a wreck so why not?! After I got done with my chocolate chip pecan cookies my kitchen looked like this:
That's just one side, trust me the other side was a wreck too! So, I thought - Hey! This is the perfect opportunity to see what I can do in 15 minutes. So, I set my timer for 15 minutes (I really did!) and ended up with this:
In 15 minutes, I managed to load the dishwasher, wipe down the counters and stove top, and get started on washing baby bottles! Not bad for a quick clean up right? So, the next time that your kitchen seems like an overwhelming mess - don't stress. Set your timer and get it done!
Ok, here's my Evening Routine (starts about 4:30/5:00pm if I'm cooking):
- Get dinner started (cooking takes a long time when you're trying to take care of two little ones at the same time!)
- Feed the babes.
- Do quick clean up of the kitchen and living area before Hubby comes home.
- 5:30-6pm: Hubby is home! Yes, sweet relief! Pass off one of the kids and try to finish cooking dinner.
- ~6:30pm Eat dinner.
- Bath and bedtime for the babes (big girl by 8pm, baby girl - we're still working on a regular schedule).
- Clean up kitchen and make that sink shine for the next morning!
- Whew! Breathe and relax with Hubby, and get ready for bed.
- 11pm - Another baby bottle
- Bed for one exhausted Momma!
Don't forget to link up below and share what's going on in your home! Have a happy Friday everyone!Next Week: Share your Hot Spots! Is there a place in your house where keys, mail, and "stuff" gets dumped throughout the day? How do you keep it organized and deal with all of that "stuff"?