Friday, November 20, 2009

Just A Little Update...

Hey friends! I thought that I'd write a little update while I'm waiting for DD to fall asleep so that I can take a nap too! :)

My family left Wednesday afternoon. We had a great time together and did some sightseeing and shopping around Naples. I think that they all really liked it here and didn't want to leave our gorgeous weather! Seriously, who doesn't enjoy sunny skies, no humidity and 80 degrees in November? My husband, Dad, and Uncle went fishing for goliath grouper and they had a great time! My husband even caught one that was about 400 lbs.! It took all three of them to help pull that sucker up!

Baby News...my test results came back this week for preeclampsia - yep, it's back. I'm not surprised though b/c I had it for about the last two months when I was pregnant with DD. But, that was a tougher pregnancy than this one b/c I also had the added stress of working long hours. Being a SAHM this time has helped me manage my swelling and blood pressure a LOT! So, I'm very thankful for the opportunity to stay at home!

Anyway, no bed rest yet b/c the preeclampsia is "mild" but I'm familiar with the symptoms and can usually tell when my blood pressure is getting out of whack so I know when to just take it easy. I can't physically do much at this point anyway b/c I'm 35 weeks pregnant and huge! So, Doc wants me to do a stress test every week and continue to see him once a week until the baby is born. He just wants to make sure that I don't cross the line into the danger zone which would mean we'd have to induce earlier than planned. Right now, we're thinking of inducing around 38-38.5 weeks. So, whenever it ends up being, I don't have much time left!

Ok, DD is screaming bloody murder b/c she doesn't want to take a nap. So, I need to go. I still need to post a few awards and thank yous. Please be patient. I'm sure that my blogging will be at a minimum going forward. But, I will still be reading whenever I have a chance. Hugs and Happy early Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are doing well. Take care of yourself! You are alomost there!

    ReplyDelete