Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Saturday and a Mommy Question...

Yes, I'm totally a slacker in the blogging department. But, rest assured that I've been keeping up with your posts! I managed to steal a few minutes to blog this morning while I suck down coffee #2 and DD is taking her morning nap. I need to wake up DH as well and he won't be happy about that. Poor thing has to get up so early during the week for his long commute so I try to let him sleep on the weekend but today we've just got so much to do:

1. Mad dash total housecleaning b/c we have company staying with us next weekend and this work week is going to be insane!
2. Yard work
3. Grocery shopping, errands
4. Pre-cook/freeze a couple of meals
5. Clean out my car and wash it!
6. Tackle that mountain of ironing in my bedroom. But, hey, at least the laundry is done. Oh - except for our sheets. That's another reason I need DH to get out of bed!
7. Soak up lots of love from DD! She's growing up so quickly!

Speaking of growing up quickly - I have a question for you Mommies... Is it normal for a 7 month old to eat two Stage 3 foods at a time? For both lunch and dinner, DD is now eating a Stage 3 veggie/entree and a Stage 3 fruit/dessert. She waits about an hour or so after that and then drinks her bottle. She's never been one to eat baby food (no matter the amount) and then to drink a bottle immediately. It just seems like a lot of food but I'm not forcing her, she keeps opening her mouth and wanting more. So, I guess it's okay - what do you think?

She's not crawling yet b/c she hates to be on her stomach. She gets so mad at me! But, she's been able to walk since she was 5.5 months old (she just needs to hold onto my finger and she's off!). She's actually pretty fast at walking now and loves to chase the dogs and laugh while she's doing it! She's just not ready to walk on her own. Her daycare teachers agree that she will probably walk by herself before she crawls. I don't think it will be too long. So, DD is very active and burning off a lot of calories.

Ok, I have to jump in the shower and wake up my handsome grumpy bear so that we can get to DD's photo viewing on time. Oh, I can't wait to see her pictures, they are going to be soooo cute! I'm also preparing myself for WWIII b/c DH is so adamant about saving $$ these days (such a good hubby) and I have no self-control when it comes to DD's pictures. Seriously, I could easily spend $1,000 a pop if he'd let me. :) But, I'll try to exercise some restraint. Have a fabulous weekend and I hope that the weather is warm and sunny wherever you may be my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment