Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Operation Hot Momma!

Operation Hot Momma has commenced! As most of my regular readers know, I've had two babies in less than two years. The result is that I have all kinds of jiggly and I'm so NOT happy about it! I really want to be the young, fit, cute, healthy Mom who can play and run around with her kids while I'm actually still somewhat young (just turned 31 last week!). Right now, I feel like an old, flabby, "Mom jean" kind of Mom. Not feeling cute at all!

Yesterday was Day 1 of what I have decided to call "Operation Hot Momma!". I know that this won't be a perfect journey but I'm going to stick to it dangit! I really really want to get back to a point where I can do another half-marathon like I did before I got pregnant with baby #1. I'd be happy if I could just walk the entire time and survive!

I also want to get back to that flat stomach and size 8 jeans that I used to wear when my husband first met me. After we started dating it's been all downhill from there for both of us! ha! You know what happens when you fall in love...you put on the "happy pounds". Then I went to graduate school full time while working full time. That's when I gained the "fast food and caffeine graduate school diet pounds". Then I finished graduate school and kicked my career into high gear. I was working non-stop! My life was my work but I was willing to sacrifice for a few years to get to where I wanted to be. By the age of 30 I was there and making awesome money but I had also gained the "stressed out, overworked, not happy pounds". Then I had two children in less than two years. Add all of that together and from the age of 21 to 30 I had gained about 55lbs!!! I can only blame a small part of that on having kids.

I'm so embarrassed that I let it get this bad! That's why I'm putting all of this out there for everyone to see because enough is enough. I have to regain my fitness level and my health for myself and my family. I want to lose the 55lbs by the end of the year and be able to at least jog/walk a half-marathon. That's a pretty hefty goal considering that I haven't worked out in two years! I just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred yesterday. I really needed to find something to do at home until baby girl starts sleeping on a normal schedule and Hubby and I can figure out a routine that would allow us both to go to the gym. The result of Day 1 is that I am sooo sore! I think that I'll switch to one of my pilates DVDs today to get some stretching in.

I took measurements and weighed myself last week. I'll post results in another week or two to see if I'm making progress.

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I need to get myself on track too. My last ds is four and I still haven't lost all the baby weight from when my 11 yo was born! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! I'll be cheering you on during Operation Hot Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! You sound serious. I have also recently decided to get fit. I have no baby excuses but I did put on quite a few "happy pounds". I like that phrase. Eventhough right now they are making me UNhappy...Share what works for you! I am always looking for new ideas!!

    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Michelle! I have 30 Day Shred, and I had some very choice words for Jillian Michaels while I did it!! I made it to day 21 or something before I finally cursed her. I need to break it back out though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I need to do that too. I'm in the same boat. I've got an almost 20 month-old and almost 3 month-old. I'm going to check out that Jillian Michaels thing right now. Good luck with your journey! Sore is good though, at least you've started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I am in the same process right now. Do you like the Shred? I did it one day last week, and I haven't done it again. I am planning on re-doing day 1 tomorrow since I now know what to expect out of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I have to start doing something to get in shape for summer. I've been thinking about the 30 Day Shred but I need someone to push me. I loved having a personal trainer but now that isn't in the cards. :(

    ReplyDelete